Labor's Community Services Program of Hawai‘i
Labor's Community Service Program
The Labor Community Services Program works through our partnerships to unite organizations, working people, and resources to build a healthier community.
What we do:
- Our community service committee strengthens our community by promoting volunteerism and promoting a sense of responsibility by organizing various service projects.
- We are a safety net for union members. We are a one stop source of information and services especially tailored to union members.
- We conduct workshops that help prepare union members for changes at home and the workplace.
Helping build a stronger community:
- Labor of Love: a UNION give back project: Prep day will be January 26, 2019, Labor of Love Volunteer
Event will be on February 2, 2019 at Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School on Hawaii Island Click here to see
story of the 2018 Labor of Love and past community service projects.
- National Association of Letter Carriers Food drive will take place at the Hawaii Foodbank on Saturday, May
11, 2019. According to the Hawaii Foodbank, 1 in 5 people in Hawaii utilize their services. Volunteers are
- Hawaiʻi State AFL-CIO Charity Golf Tournament, June 28, 2019 at the Pearl Country Club on Oahu! Proceeds go to: Labor Community Services Program and other nonprofits. Click here to register!
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
Catherine Lederer (808) 597-1441
Randy Perreira, President
Hawai‘i State AFL-CIO
Jodi Chai, Chair
HGEA/AFSCME, Local 152
Tracy Hayashi-IBEW 1186
Labor Community Services Program
345 Queen Street
Honolulu, HI 96813