Labor's Community Services Program of Hawai‘i
Labor's Community Service Program
The Labor Community Services Program works through our partnerships to unite organizations, working people, and resources to build a healthier community.
See also: "RESOURCES FOR HAWAIʻI'S FEDERAL WORKFORCE" received from Senator Schatz' office
What we do:
- Food Distribution Sites and Information fo federal workers. Items will be passed out for as long as supplies last.:
You must present your federal ID to receive food
Food will be passed out as long as supplies last
- ILWU, (walk-in M-F, 8-4:00 p.m.)
896 Lower Main Street
Wailuku, HI 96793
- Maui Airport, South End
2/11, 2/19, 12-4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday- OʻAHU
(2/12, 12-4:00 p.m.)
Location: IBEW 1186
1935 Hau St #400
Honolulu, HI 96819
(2/7, 2/14, 12-4:00 p.m.)
3213 Akahi Street
Līhu‘e, HI 96766
((walk-in M-F, 1-3:00 p.m.
Hawaii Food Basket Kona (walk-in M-F, 1-3:00 p.m.)
73-4161 Ulu Wini Place
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- Saturday- HILO
(walk-in M-F, 1-3:00 p.m.)
Location: Hawaii Food Basket Hilo
40 Holomua Street
Hilo HI 96720
- Saturday- MOLOKAʻI
(Tentative Dates: 2/9, 9 a.m.)
Location: Molokaʻ:i Airport
Kaunakakai HI 96748
"Federal workers are proving that they never quit despite not getting paid," said Hawaici AFL-CIO President Randy Perreira. "The Union community and the Hawaiʻi Foodbanks are working to help get the workers through this financial crisis. We (demand)urge our elected leaders in Washington, D.C. to stop the government shutdown."
- Our community service committee strengthens our community by promoting volunteerism and promoting a sense of responsibility by organizing various service projects.
- We are a safety net for union members. We are a one stop source of information and services especially tailored to union members.
- We conduct workshops that help prepare union members for changes at home and the workplace.
Helping build a stronger community:
- Labor of Love: a UNION give back project: Prep day will be January 26, 2019, Labor of Love Volunteer
Event will be on February 2, 2019 at Chiefess Kapiolani Elementary School on Hawaii Island Click here to see
story of the 2018 Labor of Love and past community service projects.
- National Association of Letter Carriers Food drive will take place at the Hawaii Foodbank on Saturday, May
11, 2019. According to the Hawaii Foodbank, 1 in 5 people in Hawaii utilize their services. Volunteers are
- Hawaiʻi State AFL-CIO Charity Golf Tournament, June 28, 2019 at the Pearl Country Club on Oahu! Proceeds go to: Labor Community Services Program and other nonprofits. Click here to register!
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program
Catherine Lederer (808) 597-1441
Randy Perreira, President
Hawai‘i State AFL-CIO
Jodi Chai, Chair
HGEA/AFSCME, Local 152
Tracy Hayashi-IBEW 1186
Labor Community Services Program
345 Queen Street
Honolulu, HI 96813